Current therapies target
only 1-2% of the genome but…

NonExomics, Inc. has demonstrated and validated that the entire human genome can make proteins and hence should be targeted to cure diseases.

Our robust and rigorous machine learning based platform, developed over the last 8 years, has enabled us to query the entire human genome, transcriptome, and proteome and to discover <250,000 never before discovered proteins. Our part patent-pending and part proprietary methodologies deployed on patient-data at population scale has identified <3000 entirely novel targets strongly associated with 1365 human diseases. These targets have been scientifically probed both at systemic and molecular level to investigate their druggability.

Learn More


Proteins are thought to be generated from only 2% of the genome that we call as genes; hence, all current therapies are designed to target this small fraction of the genome and the rest 98% is called the dark genome and never been studied. The lack of cures for most diseases is because of this conservative presumption about nature.


NonExomics, Inc. platform has demonstrated that the entire human genome can indeed generate proteins. We have validated <250,000 such noncanonical proteins and investigated their druggability to cure 1365 human diseases.

What we do

NonExomics’ proprietary and patent-pending platform integrates genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, & artificial intelligence-based methodologies to identify druggable noncanonical proteins made from the entire human genome. Our target portfolio is a parallel universe in drug discovery process that is ripe to be challenged by the available therapeutic modalities to cure various diseases.

scientist looking through microscope

What makes us different?

NonExomics, Inc. has the first mover & IP advantage having developed a robust infrastructure over eight years to mine the largest untouched reserves of drug targets. The company was founded by reputable scientists from the University of Cambridge, UK, who have a core understanding of the human genome, transcriptome, proteome, and artificial intelligence. Illumina accelerator has invested in NonExomics as a promising start-up in the genomics space.

The science of NonExomics has gone through rigorous academic peer review and are published in 7 high impact factor journals. In these publications we demonstrate that the noncanonical proteins can form structures, perform biological functions, and are disrupted in hundreds of human diseases. Each of these publications is well cited and reported by popular media. The engine of NonExomics continues to churn out more targets and as a result our patent portfolio is ever increasing and at the moment it covers 1365 human diseases. In addition to computational discovery, NonExomics has experimentally validated the druggability and clinical significance of a number of targets. We have also already forged two partnerships and looking for more.

The Possibilites

  1. 1NonExomics has demonstrated that proteins can be generated from any part of the genome.
  2. 2Heritability and negative selection of mutation analyses of these novel genomic regions revealed that they are as important as the regions that we call as genes for biological function and disease processes.
  3. 3Because of our NEW science, we were able to reclassify thousands of mutations that are currently classified as benign or of unknown significance.
  4. 4We have shown that there are 10 times more proteins than what is already known and hence we can understand difficult to treat diseases such as cancer and neuropsychiatry disorders.
  5. 5In addition to novel therapeutics, rare and difficult to diagnose diseases are now more tractable for early diagnosis based on our knowledge of these noncanonical proteins.



Novel open reading frames in human accelerated regions and transposable elements reveal new leads to understand schizophrenia and bipolar disorder

Read More


In silico identification of novel open reading frames in Plasmodium falciparum oocyte and salivary gland sporozoites using proteogenomics framework

Read More


Pan-cancer analysis of transcripts encoding novel open-reading frames (nORFs) and their potential biological functions

Read More


Evolutionary divergence of novel open reading frames in cichlids speciation

Read More